In line with our School’s vision and mission, VSA aims to attract students who wish to strive for academic and personal excellence and be actively involved in a student-centered community that combines international perspectives and Chinese heritage.
As an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, VSA offers three IB programmes, namely the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). These form the basis of a rigorous education through a well-developed curriculum that fosters academic excellence. At VSA, a bilingual and stimulating learning environment is provided to promote international-mindedness as well as cultural awareness among local students and students from diverse backgrounds.
VSA’s admissions policy is non-discriminatory in regards to religion and race. Customs will be respected provided they do not disrupt the school routine, interfere with the learning of other students or cause risks to security.
- Students must demonstrate strength in at least one language (Chinese or English), necessary to build a strong bilingual foundation. Students also need to attend interviews to demonstrate they have the right profile to be active partners in learning. Admissions procedures are tailored to different age groups across the school.
- In compliance with Hong Kong Law, students who are admitted to VSA must be Hong Kong permanent residents or residents with a valid Hong Kong visa.
- Priority considerations may be given to applicants from our feeder kindergartens, siblings of VSA students and children of VSA staff, alumni, debenture holders and board members.
- In accordance with our Private Independent School (PIS) service agreement, we are obliged to ensure 70% of places are reserved for Hong Kong permanent residents.
Year 1 Admissions
- Applications for Year One admissions are accepted from November each year. Parent information evening is run in early March of the preceding year, e.g. March 2017 for admissions in August 2018.
- Applications are only opened to student applicants from Victoria Educational Organization (VEO) kindergartens, debenture holders or overseas applicants.
- Application deadline usually falls in March of the same year as the parent information evening, e.g. 10 March 2017 for August 2018 admissions. No late applications are accepted except for cases of debenture holders or overseas applicants.
- Students entering VEO K3 may apply for admissions to Year One but applicants are only notified should a place become available.
- Students that miss the original interview because of illness may be interviewed in the following weeks following submission of a medical certificate.
Parent tours are arranged for interested parents, including non-VEO parents who are interested to purchase debentures or to transfer their child to VEO. Read the circular here for more details.
Year 2 – Year 11 Admissions
- Should any Y2-11 vacancies become available, priority is given to children nominated by holders of debentures if they meet entrance requirements.
Introductory Sessions and School Tours (for MYP & DP, Year 6 to Year 11)
Introductory sessions for prospective parents and students are organised on selected dates during the academic year. This is followed by a guided school tour followed by Q&A session.
Open application with
no specific deadline
Assessment dates to
be notified individually
|Within 1 month |
10 March 2017
Click here for details
Applicants will be invited to an interview if a school place is available.
Year 1: All applicants are interviewed in a group setting (in English and Putonghua). Shortlisted students and parents will be invited to attend a parent interview with a member of the Senior Management Team.
Year 2 – Year 11: Applicants need to take written assessment for Chinese language, English language and mathematics. They also need to attend interviews in English and Putonghua.
|Grade Level || |
(by August of year of entry)
|Year 1 ||5 years 8 months |
|Year 2 ||6 years 8 months |
|Year 3 ||7 years 8 months |
|Year 4 ||8 years 8 months |
|Year 5 ||9 years 8 months |
|Year 6 ||10 years 8 months |
|Year 7 ||11 years 8 months |
|Year 8 ||12 years 8 months |
|Year 9 ||13 years 8 months |
|Year 10 ||14 years 8 months |
|Year 11 ||15 years 8 months |
Please contact the Admissions Office for more information.
Tel: (852) 3402-1046
Fax: (852) 3402-1099