VSA is an IB world school, located in Shum Wan next to the Aberdeen Harbour. We have over 1800 students and offer the three of the IB programmes - Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). VSA emphasises a holistic approach at the heart of which is inquiry teaching and learning. The primary section offers a bilingual education (English and Mandarin); the secondary curriculum is delivered in English and supplemented by a strong Chinese programme.
A student-centred community of academic and personal excellence, combining international perspectives and Chinese heritage.
• Develop a culture which places students’ interests at the centre of decision-making.
• Support students in taking ownership of their own development.
• Develop a collaborative environment and sense of belonging among all stakeholders and promote active partnerships to nurture a supportive community.
• Promote a culture of passion in inquiry learning and teaching ensuring students strive to reach their personal and academic potential.
• Promote international-mindedness and cultural awareness with a strong bilingual foundation.
• Become a hub of Chinese culture to promote and develop pride in the Chinese heritage.