VSA is an IB World School, located in Shum Wan next to the Aberdeen Harbour. We have over 1,800 students and offer three IB programmes - Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). VSA emphasises a holistic approach at the heart of which is inquiry-based learning and teaching. The primary section offers a bilingual education (English and Putonghua); the secondary curriculum is delivered in English and supplemented by a strong Chinese programme.
A student-centred community of academic and personal excellence, combining international perspectives and Chinese heritage.
- Develop a culture which places students’ interests at the centre of decision-making.
- Support students in taking ownership of their own development.
- Develop a collaborative environment and sense of belonging among all stakeholders and promote active partnerships to nurture a supportive community.
- Promote a culture of passion in inquiry learning and teaching ensuring students strive to reach their personal and academic potential.
- Promote international-mindedness and cultural awareness with a strong bilingual foundation.
- Become a hub of Chinese culture to promote and develop pride in the Chinese heritage.