Vision and Mission
Victoria Shanghai Academy (VSA) is a private independent, non-denominational, co-educational day school in Hong Kong established under the auspices of the Shanghai Victoria Education Foundation Limited, a registered charitable body. Since 2007, The School is proud of having been the first IB World School in Hong Kong to provide Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). These are the curricula frameworks through which we strive to inspire students to “Value, Strive and Act”.
At VSA our mission is to develop passionate, healthy and accomplished bilingual learners who are globally engaged.
We will help our students VALUE themselves and others
- by offering multiple language pathways with a strong emphasis on Chinese language and heritage
- by cultivating intercultural understanding and respect through curricular and co-curricular learning and
- by providing a holistic education that emphasizes emotional and physical well-being and character development
We will help our students STRIVE to be the best they can be
- by developing challenging and diverse academic programs aligned with IB approaches to teaching and learning
- by creating an environment in which students exercise agency in their learning and are encouraged to explore and pursue their interests and passions and
- by ensuring the best possible educational experience for all students through continuous reflection and revision of programmes, standards and practices
We will help our students ACT to make a better world
- by encouraging students to explore issues and take action on a personal, local and global level
- by fostering a collaborative learning environment that promotes active partnerships within and beyond the school community and
- by nurturing a sense of responsibility and creating opportunities for leadership development